It was the 5th semester and we got introduced to working with green screens. There was a video assignment and we had to match the lighting of three different environments.
In our team of nine, I put on my director’s hat and also created the concept. For the environments, I opted to use entirely different sources: A filmed rooftop, some in-game footage and a digital environment created in After Effects. Our protagonist was to get from one scene to the next in a creative way. Once again, the shoot was the most challenging aspect for me. But it was interesting to match the light using printed out reference pictures.
In post-production, we split up the work of keying out the background and compositing. I was also involved with compositing and did the final edit. It was challenging to deal with the shadow of the protagonist; we ended up reconstructing it digitally for the most part.